The European Young Researchers Award (EYRA) is granted by EuroScience since 2010 to researchers demonstrating outstanding research performance and leadership. It aims to inspire early stage researchers to incorporate a European dimension and perspective into their research.
The Award is granted each year; in odd years, the prize is dedicated to PhD candidates, and in even years to post-doctoral fellows. The prize-giving-ceremony is held every two years at the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) where the two recipients will present their work. The Award consists of a Certificate, waiving the participation fee to ESOF, a grant to cover travel and accommodation for the stay in the ESOF city and a two years’ free EuroScience membership.
The EYRA 2015 call, dedicated to PhD candidates, is now OPEN. The deadline for applications is June 1st, 2015.
EYRA 2015 qualification criteria
• The research must have a clear European dimension, either because it is embedded in a collaboration of researchers in different European countries or it is a research project in one European country that addresses a research topic of European added value.
• The research should be of demonstrably excellent quality (publications, prizes, grants, patents, references in newspapers etc.)
• The criteria that the jury will take into account are: quality of the research results obtained, role in the definition of the research project, inspiration to others (fellow students, members of the research group), outreach to wider audiences.
If you are interested, find out how to apply here.
Click here for some background about previous years’ awards.
- Rammal Award: 2015 Call is open - 14 April, 2015
- European Young Researchers Award 2015 Call now open - 1 April, 2015